Have you heard of the app “Voxer”? It’s new to me and honestly, it turned out to be a bit of a lifesaver.
Recently, one of my good business friends, Carolyn, who’s in the US, introduced me to Voxer, as we’ve decided to be accountability buddies for doing the Couch to 5k program, which is another story…
Anyway, I happily signed up for Voxer, so we could voice message each other as we worked through the training. It was lots of fun hearing from her, and it certainly kept me accountable and motivated to get moving on those days I didn’t feel like it. I loved the app from day one. It’s so easy to use. It’s very user friendly.
I will be putting a training together for my membership in which I’ll dig deeper on the features, but for now, suffice to say it’s great to chat back and forth with.
Which is literally what we would do. I’d get a message from her telling me how she went with that day’s training, and I’d do mine and then message her with how I went, what I enjoyed, what I struggled with… you get the picture.
It was a lot of fun, and we had a good laugh with it.
Last weekend I messaged her and said, I didn’t do today’s session because I have this tooth abscess, that’s become a rip roaring infection, and my face and head is just exploding. Now Carolyn is a veterinarian, and comes from a family of medicos and when she heard my message she jumped to action.
She messaged back, and in no uncertain terms let me know I was headed for deep waters. Her message was…
“Get to an emergency room. Don’t call the doctor. Don’t call anyone, stop what you’re doing and go to an emergency room, if this gets into your brain or your blood, you’re in serious trouble.”
There was absolutely no doubt in her voice, and if you read my last email, you know the outcome included a hospital stay.
So, I’m very thankful to Voxer, and looking at it with a whole new level of respect. Now aside from being fabulous in life saving emergencies… it’s also great for business.
I am going to use it for my coaching clients, because it’s so easy to use, on a number of levels.
- You’re not worrying about how to write that text message or email.
- No context or grammar checks, all the subtleties of voice are there.
- Listening to a voice tells us so much more than the written word, you know, nuances.
- You simply hit the button and ask your question, or give the information.
- No worries that you’re intruding like you would with a phone call.
- No pressure on them to listen or answer until they’re good and ready.
- So if somebody is having a laugh and saying to me, Oh, I’m struggling with this, I know it’s not a big issue, but if I get an email, I’m really struggling with this, it gives you context.
So there you have it. An app to help you in your business, but one that can also lead to the best of connections. I wanted to share it with you.